What Do the Fluids in Your Hyundai Vehicle Do and Why is it Important to Keep Them Filled?
If you're looking for a quick and easy way to keep up with your Hyundai vehicle's maintenance, the answer can be as simple as making sure that all of your fluids are properly filled. Whether you know your way around cars or you've never popped the hood before, checking your fluids is a simple and easy process that anyone can perform. Here at South Point Hyundai, we want our customers here in Austin, TX and nearby in Round Rock, Pflugerville, Cedar Park, and New Braunfels to enjoy their vehicles to their fullest potential, and the best way that you can ensure that your vehicle is performing properly is to keep up with the fluid levels and have them changed when you notice that a fluid is low.
Why It's Important to Check and Refill Your Vehicle's Fluids
The five fluids that you should check regularly include:
- Motor oil: Motor oil should always be changed in between the recommended mileage intervals listed in your owner's manual or suggested after your last oil change. If you check your oil in between this time and find that the level is low, it could be an indication that there is a leak or your vehicle is burning oil, and it should be taken care of as soon as possible.
- Coolant: The coolant in your vehicle is responsible for protecting your radiator and thus engine from overheating. If the levels are low, you should add to it or have a coolant flush performed to ensure that your vehicle has clean and properly filled coolant.
- Brake fluid: As the name suggests, turns force into pressure and allows you to brake with ease. It should be monitored and properly filled at all times to ensure your brakes are working properly.
- Windshield washer fluid: Lastly, your windshield washer fluid should be filled at all times to make sure that your windshield is clean and easily visible through
- Power steering fluid: Your power steering fluid is responsible for making the power steering in your vehicle work. If your power steering fluid is low, you'll likely notice due to the difficulty of turning the wheel, and the fact that you'll have to turn the wheel back to the straight position manually, which can be dangerous if you aren't expecting it.
Join Us at South Point Hyundai to Have Your Fluids Checked and Properly Filled Today!
Whether you need the necessary fluids to make sure your vehicle continues performing correctly or you'd like one of our expertly trained technicians to do it for you, you can get both right here at South Point Hyundai within our parts center or service center today! We are located right in Austin, TX and proudly serve drivers from all over Round Rock, Pflugerville, Cedar Park, and New Braunfels!